BELGRADE-MICOM: Suspected Serb war criminal Ratko Mladic, who is awaiting trial in the Hague, was taken to a hospital for suffering from pneumonia.
The former generals have often complained about his health since his arrest and ekstradisinya from Serbia in May to face charges of genocide and war crimes during Bosnia’s 1992-1995 war.
His lawyer from Belgrade, Milos Saljic, told the Yugoslav war crimes Tribunal had informed her on Monday (10/10) that Mladic had been sent to the hospital, possibly due to pneumonia.
He said not to have a more detailed description. The Press Office at the Court in the Netherlands, could not confirm that information.
Mladic, who has avoided arrest for 16 years, is accused of arranging the murder of 8,000 men and boys of Muslims in Srebrenica in 1995 and 43-month siege of Sarajevo, where 10,000 people were killed.
Last week, Mladic said he was sick because of a kidney stone at the time of the hearing status of pre-trial and asks the doctor meets up with Serbia. His lawyer says he has undergone a hernia operation in August.
The appellant, an alarming health Mladic, has proposed a division of tehadapnya case in order to speed up the process into two, given that the former Yugoslav leader Slobodan Milosevic has spent four years on the Court it but kemuidan died in 2006 before the award can be reached.
Mladic underestimate the indictment against him as “disgusting” and “terrible”. (Ant/wt/X-12)
Popular Search Terms
Recent Search Terms